Service Alert Update for Thursday and Friday Customers!
Due to the wildfires and the unhealthy air quality, we will be running Thursday and Friday routes one day late this week with limited services. The air quality is supposed to improve tonight (9/17) and we anticipate being able to lift the restriction on driver hours so they will no longer be limited.
We are basing these decisions on smoke/weather forecasts and may have to change our plan early Friday morning if air quality deteriorates overnight.
We will not be picking up glass this week. Our glass drivers have to exit the vehicle to manually collect glass at each home and due to the ongoing poor air quality, we are trying to limit their exposure as much as possible. Please see below for collection information:
- Garbage: We will pick up garbage.
- Yard debris: We will pick up yard debris.
- Recycling: We will pick up recycling.
We will not be picking up glass. On your next regularly scheduled glass pick up you can place extras in a cardboard box, paper bag, or rigid plastic container like a laundry basket, they cannot be in plastic bags.
- If you are a Thursday glass customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 10/1.
- If you are a Thursday glass customer with monthly service, your next pick up will be 10/15.
- If you are a Friday glass customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 10/2.
- If you are a Friday glass customer with monthly service, your next pick up will be 10/16.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. The health and safety of our employees is our first priority and it is our goal to limit their exposure to the unhealthy air quality that our region is currently experiencing. Thank you for your understanding this week while we navigated through this uncharted territory!
The recycling depot is scheduled to be open Friday, 9/18. Contact us before coming to the depot to ensure it is open.
If you have any questions please contact us. Stay safe out there!