Service Alert for Monday Customers (posted 12/26 8:30pm)
Due to weather conditions, we will not be running our residential routes on Monday, 12/27. Due to the holiday on Saturday, 1/1, we cannot run a day late so all Monday services will have to wait until the following collection day. This means that Monday customers will be picked up on their next service day for each commodity.
We are hopeful conditions will clear up by 1/3/22 so we can operate routes next week without delay. Assuming that is the case, Monday customers should follow the following instructions:
- GARBAGE: We will pick up extra garbage, equivalent to your cart size, in plastic bags on 1/3/22. Please place the bags next to your garbage cart.
- 20gallon: 2 small kitchen bags
- 32gallon: 3 small kitchen bags or 1 large black bag
- 60gallon: 6 small kitchen bags or 2 large black bags
- 90gallon: 9 small kitchen bags or 3 large black bags
- RECYCLING: If 12/27 is a recycling day for your home, we will pick up extra recycling on your next scheduled recycling day, 1/10/22. Please place your extras in a paper bag, cardboard box, or in your red bin if there is no glass in it. It cannot be placed in plastic bags.
- YARD DEBRIS: If 12/27 is a yard debris day for your home, we will pick up extra yard debris on your next scheduled yard debris day, 1/10/22. You can place up to 60gallons of extra yard debris per yard debris cart at your home. That is equivalent to (2) paper yard debris bags or (2) personal 32gallon cans. Extra yard debris cannot be in plastic bags, it must be in paper yard debris bags or a personal plastic tote.
- GLASS: If 12/27 is a glass day for your home, we will pick up extra glass on your next scheduled glass day, 1/10/22. Place extras in a cardboard box, paper bag, or rigid plastic container like a laundry basket.
Please keep in mind that any decision to run modified routes is because safety is our priority. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our employees is important to us; they have to be able to make it to work safely as well as drive the trucks through your neighborhoods. Your safety is also important to us. Our trucks have to stop and start at every home, which is not easy to do in the snow and ice. With more people home today, it will mean more people/cars in the streets as well.
If you have any questions please contact our office. Our staffing will likely be limited due to road conditions. The recycling depot will also be closed due to weather.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We will continue to update our website and social media for weather related service updates.