Updated Service Alert for Friday Customers! (Posted 12/24 at 4am)
To have this information emailed to you directly in the future, please subscribe to our enewsletter here.
Due to persisting weather conditions, Friday routes will not be running on Saturday, 12/24. This means Friday customers will be picked up on their next service day for each commodity.
Here is how to prepare your materials for the next service day:
GARBAGE: We will pick up extra garbage, equivalent to your cart size, in plastic bags on 12/30. There is no charge for this extra material. Please place bags on top of or next to your garbage cart.
- 20-gallon: 2 small kitchen bags
- 32-gallon: 3 small kitchen bags or 1 large black bag
- 60-gallon: 6 small kitchen bags or 2 large black bags
- 90-gallon: 9 white kitchen bags or 3 large black bags
RECYCLING: If Friday 12/23 is a recycling day for your home, we will pick up extra recycling at no charge on your next scheduled recycling day. Please place your extras in a paper bag, cardboard box, or in your red bin if there is no glass in it. It cannot be placed in plastic bags.
- If you are a Tigard Friday recycling customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 12/30.
- If you are a Sherwood Friday recycling customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 1/6/23.
YARD DEBRIS: If Friday 12/23 is a yard debris day for your home, we will pick up extra yard debris at no charge on your next scheduled yard debris day. You can place out up to 60gallons of extra yard debris per yard debris cart at your home. That is equivalent to (2) paper yard debris bags or (2) personal 32gallon cans. Extra yard debris cannot be in plastic bags, it must be in paper yard debris bags or a personal plastic tote.
- If you are a Tigard Friday yard debris customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 1/6/23.
- If you are a Sherwood Friday yard debris customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 12/30.
GLASS: If Friday 12/23 is a glass day for your home, we will pick up extra glass on your next scheduled glass day, 1/6/23. Place extras in a cardboard box, paper bag, or rigid plastic container like a laundry basket.
Please keep in mind that any decision to run modified routes is because safety is our priority. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our employees is important to us; they have to be able to make it to work safely as well as drive the trucks through your neighborhoods. Your safety is also important to us. Our trucks have to stop and start at every home, which is not easy to do in the snow and ice. With more people home today, it will mean more people/cars in the streets as well.
If you have any questions please contact us. We appreciate your patience. Our office and recycling depot will be closed Monday, 12/26 in observance of Christmas and will reopen on Tuesday, 12/27. All routes are on regular schedule next week.