Thursday & Friday customers (Saturday morning update)
Posted 2/25/23 10:05am
Unfortunately, while we tried to collect customers on Saturday 2/25, the road conditions were still too unsafe in too many residential areas for us to proceed. If your service was not completed this week, please see below for how we will be making up each service for you over the next couple of weeks.
GARBAGE: If your garbage was not serviced this week, we will pick up extra garbage, equivalent to your cart size, in plastic bags on your next weekly collection day (3/2 or 3/3, depending on your service day). There is no charge for this extra material. Please place bags on top of or next to your garbage cart.
- 20-gallon: 2 small kitchen bags
- 32-gallon: 3 small kitchen bags or 1 large black bag
- 60-gallon: 6 small kitchen bags or 2 large black bags
- 90-gallon: 9 white kitchen bags or 3 large black bags
RECYCLING: If 2/23 or 2/24 was a scheduled recycling day for your home and your recycling was not collected, we will pick up extra recycling at no charge on your next scheduled recycling day. Please place your extras in a paper bag, cardboard box, or in your red bin if there is no glass in it. It cannot be placed in plastic bags. Remember, all oversized cardboard must be cut down (not just folded) into pieces no larger than 3' x 3'.
- If you are a recycling customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 3/2 or 3/3, depending on your service day.
- If you are a recycling customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 3/9 or 3/10, depending on your service day.
YARD DEBRIS: If 2/23 or 2/24 was a scheduled yard debris day for your home, we will pick up extra yard debris at no charge on your next scheduled yard debris day. You can place out up to 60gallons of extra yard debris per yard debris cart at your home. That is equivalent to (2) paper yard debris bags or (2) personal 32gallon cans. Extra yard debris cannot be in plastic bags, it must be in paper yard debris bags or a personal plastic tote.
- If you are a yard debris customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 3/3.
- If you are a yard debris customer with every other week service and were scheduled for a pick up on 2/23 or 2/24, your next pick up will be 3/9 or 3/10, depending on your service day.
GLASS: If 2/23 or 2/24 was a scheduled glass day for your home, we will pick up extra glass on your next scheduled glass day, 3/9 or 3/10, depending on your service day. Place extras in a cardboard box, paper bag, or rigid plastic container like a laundry basket.
Please keep in mind that any decision to run modified routes is because safety is our priority. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our employees is important to us; they have to be able to make it to work safely as well as drive the trucks through your neighborhoods. Your safety is also important to us. Our trucks have to stop and start at every home, which is not easy to do in the snow and ice.
If you have any questions, please contact our office. We appreciate your understanding throughout this severe winter weather event.