Service Alert for Wednesday Customers! (posted 12/29 at 6:15am)
To have this information emailed to you directly in the future, please subscribe to our enewsletter (scroll down to the bottom of this page).
Due to weather conditions, Wednesday customers may see an impact to services on 12/29. We will attempt to service some areas and some commodities, with garbage being the 1st priority. Drivers may be running routes out of order, so your drivers may arrive at a different time than you're used to. There may be some areas that we cannot pick up due to safety concerns related to snow and ice. We will get as much done as we can.
We will not be picking up glass. Those drivers have to exit their vehicle at every stop to empty the red bins and this is a safety hazard in the snow and ice.
Due to the holiday on Saturday 1/1, we cannot run a day late, so any services we cannot complete on Wednesday will have to wait until the following collection day. If you are missed for any service on 12/29, please see below on how to prepare your materials for your next collection day:
GARBAGE: We will pick up extra garbage, equivalent to your cart size, in plastic bags on 1/5. There is no charge for this extra material. Please place the bags on top of or next to your garbage cart.
- 20gallon: 2 small kitchen bags
- 32gallon: 3 small kitchen bags or 1 large black bag
- 60gallon: 6 small kitchen bags or 2 large black bags
- 90gallon: 9 white kitchen bags or 3 large black bags
RECYCLING: If Wednesday is a recycling day for your home, we will pick up extra recycling at no charge on your next scheduled recycling day. Please place your extras in a paper bag, cardboard box, or in your red bin if there is no glass in it. It cannot be placed in plastic bags.
- If you are a Wednesday recycling customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 1/5/22.
- If you are a Wednesday recycling customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 1/12/22.
YARD DEBRIS: If Wednesday is a yard debris day for your home, we will pick up extra yard debris at no charge on your next scheduled yard debris day. You can place out up to 60gallons of extra yard debris per yard debris cart at your home. That is equivalent to (2) paper yard debris bags or (2) personal 32gallon cans. Extra yard debris cannot be in plastic bags, it must be in paper yard debris bags or a personal plastic tote.
- If you are a Wednesday yard debris customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 1/5/22.
- If you are a Wednesday yard debris customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 1/12/22.
GLASS: If Wednesday is a glass day for your home, we will pick up extra glass on your next scheduled glass day. Place extras in a cardboard box, paper bag, or rigid plastic container like a laundry basket.
- If you are a Wednesday glass customer with weekly service, your next pick up will be 1/5/22.
- If you are a Wednesday glass customer with every other week service, your next pick up will be 1/12/22.
Please keep in mind that any decision to run modified routes is because safety is our priority. We apologize for any inconvenience, but the safety of our employees is important to us; they have to be able to make it to work safely as well as drive the trucks through your neighborhoods. Your safety is also important to us. Our trucks have to stop and start at every home, which is not easy to do in the snow and ice. With more people home today, it will mean more people/cars in the streets as well.
If you have any questions, please call or contact our office. Staffing may be limited due to weather conditions and we appreciate your patience.
The recycling depot will be closed on 12/29 and through the end of the week.