Wages: $25.20+ per hour (negotiable based on experience)
Swing Shift: Full-time, swing shift schedule. 4-10’s, Monday through Thursday and Tuesday through Friday. Hours: 1:00 pm-11:30pm (12pm-10:30pm on Fridays). Some overtime required. Holidays worked on a rotational basis with other team members. Our equipment includes garbage collection trucks (diesel and CNG) and heavy equipment/yellow iron for our transfer station.
- Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on collection trucks, including CNG trucks, yellow iron, and other facility equipment. Candidates with current experience in diesel equipment preventative maintenance will be given first consideration for this position.
- CDL Class A or B license must be obtained within 12 months of hire. We will help with the training and provide a testing vehicle.
- Technical training certification preferred. "Real world" experience can be applicable.
- Commit to maintaining our focus on safety and teamwork.
- Be willing to be trained on all aspects of repairs and attend all provided schools and training, with the ability to advance in your career.
- The ideal candidate will be a team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude. They must have the ability to take direction and stay on task, but also be flexible and open to change.
- Must have basic set of tools.
- Must have an insurable driving record.
Pride Disposal Company supports a drug-free work environment and requires pre-employment drug screening. Random drug screens are also done on a quarterly basis.
- Medical, Dental, Vision. Monthly premium is paid by the company for the employee and their dependents. Medical starts on the 1st of the month, following date of hire.
- 401k and profit-sharing plan
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations (starting with 2 weeks)
- Paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
- Company provides continuing education at no cost to the employee
- Referral bonus (if referred by current Pride employee, eligible for $500 after 6 months of employment)
Wages: $25.20+ / hour – negotiable based on experience.
Our company application must be completed to be considered for this job. Please do not just send your resume. Application can be found here. Completed applications can be emailed, faxed (503-625-6179), or delivered to our office. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8-4:30, located at 13980 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Sherwood, Oregon.
Pride Disposal & Recycling Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to our success. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of our qualifications as described.Apply Now