Fabricator - Welder
Shift: Monday-Friday, 6am-2:30pm. Some overtime required. Holiday’s worked on a rotation basis with other team members
Duties and Responsibilities, including and not limited to the following:
- Perform servicing and welding repairs on company garbage containers and vehicles.
- Perform service calls to make on-site welding repairs on garbage containers or vehicles as needed.
- Ongoing maintenance and repair on industrial compactors.
- Repairing, fabricating, and mounting various truck bodies.
- Custom metal work and sheet metal work.
- Write up work orders and coordinate parts with work orders
- Unload, assemble, and maintain garbage containers.
- Complete required paperwork, report all noted defects in writing.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Understand how to use and care for your welding equipment and work in a safe manner.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
-Familiarity with MIG welding, using a shear, press brake, plasma cutter, and oxy/acetylene torch
-At least 2 year of related work experience welding sheet metal and using wire feed welder.
-Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
-Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal records check at job offer.
-A combination of education and experience may be considered.
The ideal candidate will be a team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude. They must have the ability to take direction and stay on task, but also be flexible and open to change.
- Medical, Dental, Vision. Monthly premium is paid by the company for the employee and their dependents. Medical starts on the 1st of the month, following date of hire.
- 401k and profit sharing plan
- Paid holidays.
- Paid time off
- Paid sick time
- Paid parental leave
Wage: $20/hour – negotiable based on experience
Our company application must be completed to be considered for this position, please do not just send your resume. Completed applications can be emailed or faxed to 503-625-6179. Our facility is located at 13980 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Sherwood, Oregon.
Pride Disposal & Recycling Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to our success. Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply for jobs unless they believe they meet every one of the qualifications described in a job description. We are most interested in finding the best candidate for the job, and that candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background. We would encourage you to apply, even if you do not believe you meet every one of our qualifications described.Apply Now