Fabricator / Welder
Shift: (4) 10 hour shifts per week 6am to 4:30pm. Some overtime required. Holiday’s worked on a rotation basis with other team members
Pride Disposal & Recycling Company is located in Sherwood, Oregon and provides collection services throughout Washington County. All trucks operate with on-board computer systems and digital video recording devices. Several trucks now operate on CNG (Compressed Natural Gas).
Duties and Responsibilities, including and not limited to the following:
- Perform servicing and welding repairs on company garbage containers and vehicles.
- Perform service calls to make on-site welding repairs on garbage containers or vehicles as needed.
- Ongoing maintenance and repair on industrial compactors.
- Repairing, fabricating, and mounting various truck bodies.
- Custom metal work and sheet metal work.
- Write up work orders and coordinate parts with work orders
- Unload, assemble, and maintain garbage containers.
- Complete required paperwork, report all noted defects in writing.
- Perform other related assignments as required.
- Understand how to use and care for your welding equipment and work in a safe manner.
- Maintain a clean and efficient work area.
- Familiarity with MIG welding, using a shear, press brake, plasma cutter, and oxy/acetylene torch.
- At least 2 year of related work experience welding sheet metal and using wire feed welder.
- Ability to lift in excess of 50 pounds.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen and criminal records check at job offer.
- A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- An insurable driving record
The ideal candidate will be a team player with good communication skills and a positive attitude. They must have the ability to take direction and stay on task, but also be flexible and open to change.
-Medical, Dental, Vision. Monthly premium is paid by the company for the employee and their dependents. Medical starts on the 1st of the month, following date of hire.
-401k and profit sharing plan
-Paid Time Off
Wage: $20/hour – negotiable based on experience
Our company application must be completed to be considered for this job. Please do not just send your resume.
Completed applications can be emailed, faxed (503-625-6179), or delivered to our office. Office hours are Monday through Friday 8-4:30, located at 13980 SW Tualatin Sherwood Road, Sherwood, Oregon.
Pride Disposal & Recycling Co. is an equal opportunity employer. We believe equity, diversity, and inclusion are critical to our success.Apply Now